Z8 Bus Speed w/ Mixed Cards for Stills & Video

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
My understanding is that the bus speed of the Z8 will run at the speed of the slowest card when writing to two cards simultaneously. My question is if I use the CFexpress B for stills and the SD for video will the camera run at the bus speed for each depending on whether I am in still or video mode or will the very presence of the SD card force the system to run at the SD's slower bus speed?

I think that answers my question. I want to record stills to the CFe and video to the SD. I understand that the video will be at the SD speed. But will the fact that it is in the slot just for video reduce the bus speed for the CFe when shooting still

I think that answers my question. I want to record stills to the CFe and video to the SD. I understand that the video will be at the SD speed. But will the fact that it is in the slot just for video reduce the bus speed for the CFe when shooting still
In answer to the question in your last sentence, no. 🙂

If you’re recording video encoded by either of the 12-bit options I don’t think you can record to an SD card. Check the reference guide to confirm, though.

Back