Z8 EVF

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Richard Wright

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Quick question for a z8 user.
If you look at the EVF ,without your eye at the viewfinder, can you see a sensor light? In some You tube videos it seems I can see one. I am still having trouble but found a work around for now, before I send it to Nikon - and have tried everything suggested. Yes - everything. But I THINK the sensor may be the issue - ie it is not working to turn on the viewer when my eye comes close. Ths if you can have a look.

Quick question for a z8 user.
If you look at the EVF ,without your eye at the viewfinder, can you see a sensor light? In some You tube videos it seems I can see one. I am still having trouble but found a work around for now, before I send it to Nikon - and have tried everything suggested. Yes - everything. But I THINK the sensor may be the issue - ie it is not working to turn on the viewer when my eye comes close. Ths if you can have a look.
I cannot see a light of any kind other than an occasional reflection of a room light. Are you referring to the eye sensor just above the viewfinder?

If the viewfinder isn’t turning on when your eye is close, in Setup Menu ==> Limit Monitor Mode Selection, ensure that Automatic display switch is checked. Also, remove the eyecup (press and hold the eyecup release and give the eyecup a counter-clockwise turn). Clean the exposed area under the eyecup and around the eye sensor with a Zeiss wipe or something similar. Reattach the eyecup with a clockwise turn.

Okay - thx for looking. I just talked to Nikon and we went through everything. She was surprised at all I had tried as most everytime she said, oh you tried that? Then we reset all the shooting menus, remmoved th eyecup etc. No luck. They agreed it has to go to them. Bummer. Thx for your help.

Back