Z8 F1 Button Recall Shooting Function

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi,
I normally shoot in manual mode and set the shutter speed and aperture and the ISO is the variable.
I have designated the F1 button to Button recall shooting hold to select Aperture mode and I am attempting to have a fixed ISO so the shutter speed is the variable.
I can not seem to get the camera to switch from auto iso to fixed and the switch back to auto when I go back to manual mode.
Too much to ask ?

When you set the Recall Shooting Function > ISO sensitivity settings press the right of the control pad and disable Auto ISO sensitivity control. Also make sure you check the box for ISO sensitivity settings and press Menu to save

*if you are using a 1.4x TC it will double the ISO setting you have set in recall settings

I tested this out on my Z8 and was able to switch from Auto ISO in normal shooting to fixed ISO in recall shooting function

Last edited:
You’d have to set a shooting bank to use Auto-ISO and another to use static ISO. You can assign the Fn1 button to switch shooting banks (Custom Settings—>Controls—>f2–>Fn1 button—>Shooting menu bank).

To use, press the Fn1 button, and rotate the front or rear dials to switch to the appropriate shooting bank.

I’m not certain if RSF will allow for this. I’d have to research it when I have more time. Perhaps other members can help. 🙂

Back