Z8 - I can't see the real-time histogram in viewfinder or monitor

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

calcal

Carol
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have custom settings D19 and D20 in the shooting display menu set to display the histogram when using either the monitor or viewfinder and yet I don't see it in either place when I toggle through the different display options. What could be wrong here?

I managed to get the histogram to show right before I ran out the door for a portrait job and I was not even sure how I did it! Looking at your second comment now, this is exactly what did the trick. D9 View mode (photo LV) which brought the histogram back to both the monitor display and in the viewfinder. Thank you! This camera is so unbelievably customizable that I can get myself into trouble.

Last edited:
I managed to get the histogram to show right before I ran out the door for a portrait job and I was not even sure how I did it! Looking at your second comment now, this is esactly what did the trick. D9 View mode (photo LV) which brought the histogram back to both the monitor display and in the viewfinder. Thank you! This camera is so unbelievably customizable that I can get myself into trouble.
You’re welcome!

Back