Z8 - max out ISO at 102400 and EV>0 - a recipe for problems?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A few days ago I posted about image glitches (uncompressed Raw) coming out of my Z8 with the general conclusion that there was a problem with my CF Express card. I am still testing my cards to see if that is an issue. https://bcgforums.com/threads/z8-image-glitch.39094/

During these tests I've been going out to the woods when I have time to shoot...just before sunset so its been pretty dark. I noticed that most, if not all the corrupted images where shot at ISO 102400 (or close to) with EV>0. Based on the Z8 specs, ISO 102400 may be the camera's max capability and the camera doesn't know how to correctly write the Raw file if EV is greater than 0.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Wow, ISO 102,400! I have "only" gone to ISO 40,000 but don't find those very good. Can't imagine shooting at ISO 102,400. Don't think this would cause your problem but wonder why you would shoot at that high an ISO.

Back