Z8 not talking to Lightroom

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My Z8 has stopped showing up in Lightroom Classic. Worked yesterday, today nothing. I have reset to factory settings and reinstalled my settings. I have uninstalled LR and reinstalled it, rebooted the computer still nothing. It works with Nikon Transfer 2 so it must be a problem with LR. Running on a MacBook Pro M3 Pro Sequoia 15.0.1 The images are all intact otherwise. I also have a Fuji X-T2 with IR conversion which is working perfectly well with LR.
Can anyone elucidate?

Matt

Works fine on my MBP with Sequoia 15.0.1 and Lightroom Classic 13.5.1.
Can you check if the Z8 is listed as a source when opening the Image Capture app from Applications? (If not there's an issue with the Camera and Computer connection)
Make sure the Camera Settings/Network Menu/USB Data Connection is set to MTP/PTP and the usb-c cable is connected to the top usb-c port on the camera.
Also, check your OS settings: System Preferences > Privacy & Security > Allow accessories to connect. The default is 'Ask for New Accessories,' but there are four options in total. Try experimenting with the 'Ask every time' option.

Alternatively, if you have Adobe Bridge installed, check whether the Z8 is listed as a source within the Adobe Photo Downloader (Bridge > File > Get Photos from Camera).

Back