Z8 Photo Review

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

On my Nikon D500 I was able to program the front wheel so when I was reviewing photos I could use the front wheel to scroll through only those photos that I had protected. Is there a way to do that on the Nikon Z8? Thanks.

I thought I had figured out a way to do something similar to it by setting Filtered Playback Criteria, but I’m not able to get it to work. 😕

UPDATE:
1) Set Filtered Playback Criteria in the Playback Menu to Protect. Be sure to press the Menu button to confirm this selection.

2) f3 Custom Controls (Playback): Set the Playback button to Filtered Playback. Press the Menu button to confirm.

3) In Playback mode (using whatever button you’ve set to enable it) press the Playback button. Now either the front or rear dials will scroll through only the protected images.

Note: In my Z8 settings I enable Playback mode using the Fn3 button because that’s the same location on the Z9 where the Playback button is. My muscle memory is the same on both cameras.

Last edited:
Back