Z8 playback, menu buttons not working—sometimes

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've recently been experiencing a problem on my Z8 where the playback and menu buttons stop working. As in, I take a picture, press the playback button to view the image, and the camera ignores me. Ditto with the menu button. I've tried turning the camera off and on again, that doesn't seem to help. The problem is sporadic and I'm not able to replicate it. The buttons eventually resume working, but I'm not sure why. Has anyone else had this experience?

I've recently been experiencing a problem on my Z8 where the playback and menu buttons stop working. As in, I take a picture, press the playback button to view the image, and the camera ignores me. Ditto with the menu button. I've tried turning the camera off and on again, that doesn't seem to help. The problem is sporadic and I'm not able to replicate it. The buttons eventually resume working, but I'm not sure why. Has anyone else had this experience?
Make sure your left hand isnt accidentally pressing the AF mode button next time it happens. Ive done the same thing a few times with my Z9

It happens to me too for my Z9 with the latest firmware. I use a Sandisk card. Sometimes when I press a playback or even a menu button, if fires the shutter instead. I am sure this is my user error as I just got the camera but not sure how to fix it.

Could anyone please help on how to fix this?

Happens all the time for me with the playback button (and other buttons randomly on occasion including the info button) with my Z9. I've accepted it as the nature of the beast (super computer with a lens attached), sadly.

Back