Z8 Playback

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm shooting with a Nikon Z8. Still learning. Question! I take some photos and then go back to tag a photo. Then I take a few more photos but when I go to view the most recent photo it takes me back to the photo that I just tagged. Is there a setting that I'm missing that let's me view the most recent photo without having to scroll back to it? Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

I'm shooting with a Nikon Z8. Still learning. Question! I take some photos and then go back to tag a photo. Then I take a few more photos but when I go to view the most recent photo it takes me back to the photo that I just tagged. Is there a setting that I'm missing that let's me view the most recent photo without having to scroll back to it? Hope this makes sense. Thanks!
There are lots of ways that you can configure Playback display options. So it's possible to have Filtered Playback options set that would show you only photos that meet the criteria that you have selected (like protected, rating, marked for upload, etc.). But this is not the default behavior, and something you would have had to configure in advance.

The default behavior is that the camera will normally show the most recent image that you have looked at / reviewed, if you have done any browsing through your images (or tagged, or rated, etc.) since you last took a picture. Otherwise, once you've taken any new photos, then the camera should show you the most recently captured image when you hit the playback button.

There are lots of ways that you can configure Playback display options. So it's possible to have Filtered Playback options set that would show you only photos that meet the criteria that you have selected (like protected, rating, marked for upload, etc.). But this is not the default behavior, and something you would have had to configure in advance.

The default behavior is that the camera will normally show the most recent image that you have looked at / reviewed, if you have done any browsing through your images (or tagged, or rated, etc.) since you last took a picture. Otherwise, once you've taken any new photos, then the camera should show you the most recently captured image when you hit the playback button.
Thanks. That's how I thought it should work. I appreciate your help. I also just finished going through the Playback chapter of Steve's Z8 setup guide. I made a few changes so I'm hoping that will take care of the issue.

Back