Z8 Warm Card Warning

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jbk2forum

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I'm aware of many having issues in hot weather with high continuous burst speeds. However, I never expected to get this 'warning'.
Using Delkin Power CFB and 3/5 FPS intermittently while sitting out in 82 degree sun the other day. And Warm warning came up.
No other issues.
I contacted Delkin as I was concerned that this happened at such a low or even non-event threshold of use.
Delkin got back to me quickly....'You will have no problem with the card being warm. Every manufacturer card gets warm in the Z8. It's just a something visual to let you know that the card is warm. It is very normal in the Z8.'
Should I actually be concerned about the Z8 and bring into Nikon?
Thanks as usual.

Delkin got back to me quickly....'You will have no problem with the card being warm. Every manufacturer card gets warm in the Z8. It's just a something visual to let you know that the card is warm. It is very normal in the Z8.'
Should I actually be concerned about the Z8 and bring into Nikon?
Thanks as usual.
Given the Z8’s body structure it may get noticably warm on hot days during long bursts and video shooting. I’ve found that Delkin Black cards run cool enough that I haven’t yet gotten a hot card warning on my Z8 during recent hot days.

Other BCG members will share their experience on this issue, I’m sure.

I got a Z8 and Lexar Diamond 128GB. Fotoshooting was 25 cca min. on directly sunny 29 degrees high 20 fps with LCD out bcs, I was shooting swimmers in the pool, eye level. After 30min I needed to turn it off. Warm Card warning and Z8 was warm as hell. Also autofocus hardly finds a head/eye in the last few min. Lens was 70-200m 2.8

Back