Z800 Focus ring issue

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JoelKlein

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hi and good afternoon.

I got out today to my local lake to say hello to my new Z800pf. Checked and double-checked all settings but the focus ring kept on overwriting the focus even though I have disabled it.
See the picture of the settings.
Did I miss anything? it's impossible to handhold the lens with the foot up and not turn the ring.

Thanks!
Screenshot 2022-11-02 123334.png

Hi and good afternoon.

I got out today to my local lake to say hello to my new Z800pf. Checked and double-checked all settings but the focus ring kept on overwriting the focus even though I have disabled it.
See the picture of the settings.
Did I miss anything? it's impossible to handhold the lens with the foot up and not turn the ring.

Thanks!
View attachment 48795
I think you missed the fact that the Fn ring is the function ring not the focus ring.

There should be a setting in the A Custom bank for disabling the focus ring. Exact number will vary by camera.

EDIT - A14 on the Z9
Oh right!
But, What If I do want to overwrite it? but not on that ring which is just how I'm holding it, I can program any other ring correct? all although I don't believe with Z9-800 I will have to use it.
One more question, What are the size/file limits to upload a photo to this forum? Because uploading a 2.4MB iPhone shot was too big...

Back