Z9 Auto Capture and Lightning?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Just get yourself a miops - the latest generation is awesome. BUT of course let us know how you get on with auto-capture -- not sure what settings would work for lightning though since it is not a subject that the Z9 detects today.

Just get yourself a miops - the latest generation is awesome. BUT of course let us know how you get on with auto-capture -- not sure what settings would work for lightning though since it is not a subject that the Z9 detects today.
The Mets have warned for a minor lightning storm this afternoon - I hope it will come so I can try to catch some lightnings....

PreRelease Burst aka Pre Capture is a key enabler to capture with the Z9
Damn. I should have thought of this. (applies dope slap) Doesn't make the lightning trigger obsolete itself (try and hold the camera in place for a long time waiting for a flash...) but it will help a lot. Southwest monsoon this August...

You can also take a lot of lightning shots by lowering your ISO as far as possible, using the smallest aperture you can find, perhaps adding an ND filter, anything to get your shutter speed up to @30 seconds. Then open the shutter and wait.

Back