Z9 battery ??

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Just took my en-el18d out of the charger after about a week. The camera shows it charged to 89%, should I be concerned??
Consider putting the battery through a calibration cycle using an MH-33 charger. Calibration ensures the accuracy of the battery level display. In this cycle, the charger will deplete the battery as much as it can safely and then fully charge the battery. The battery level display will then be at 100%. Be aware that the calibration cycle can take hours to complete. For one of my batteries it was more than six hours.

Also, it‘s good practice not to leave your battery in the charger beyond being fully charged. There is circuitry in the charger which will detect a full battery charge and stop current flow, but the battery may go through a series of brief discharge/charge cycles when left in the charger over long periods of time. This will likely degrade battery performance.

Consider putting the battery through a calibration cycle using an MH-33 charger. Calibration ensures the accuracy of the battery level display. In this cycle, the charger will deplete the battery as much as it can safely and then fully charge the battery. The battery level display will then be at 100%. Be aware that the calibration cycle can take hours to complete. For one of my batteries it was more than six hours.

Also, it‘s good practice not to leave your battery in the charger beyond being fully charged. There is circuitry in the charger which will detect a full battery charge and stop current flow, but the battery may go through a series of brief discharge/charge cycles when left in the charger over long periods of time. This will likely degrade battery performance.

Thanks, I guess that's bad habit /I will need to change. I typically leave the battery in the charger for days at a time.

Nikon mentions in the Z9 battery guidance batteries should not be left in the charger once fully charged.

Leaving it in an active charger for a week (if that is what you did) seems excessive to me.

Hopefully a calibration cycle will resolve the issue.

Nikon mentions in the Z9 battery guidance batteries should not be left in the charger once fully charged.

Leaving it in an active charger for a week (if that is what you did) seems excessive to me.

Hopefully a calibration cycle will resolve the

Hopefully a calibration cycle will resolve the issue.
Thanks, yes the calibration solved the issue

Back