Z9: I am unable to view histogram

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi friends,
I am unable to see the histogram in the EVF and on the Monitor of my Z9. I have ticked Display 1, 2,3,4 &5 in Custom Monitor Display (d9) in Custom Setting Menu. But the Histogram is not visible. Can anybody help me to set it correctly?

Hi friends,
I am unable to see the histogram in the EVF and on the Monitor of my Z9. I have ticked Display 1, 2,3,4 &5 in Custom Monitor Display (d9) in Custom Setting Menu. But the Histogram is not visible. Can anybody help me to set it correctly?
Have you pressed the Display button to cycle through the various display configurations?

Someone else here did this: Custom Settings D8 set to "adjust for ease of viewing" Then set to "show effects of settings

Hi friends,
Are you talking about Playback, or live view? If Playback, then once you have selected the desired Playback Display Screen to use, you need to page up/down through the various views that you configured for that display option screen by using the Direction pad.

Last edited:
Hey Ajayan!
Not sure if you have solved the problem yet but I found that turning off Starlight from D11 done the trick! Was starting to drive me a tad nuts 🤪
Hi, Orkney Pirate, Perfect !!!. You are correct. I solved this when I was about to take off for my Masai Mara trip in September 2023. It was not easy to overcome this snag. Thank you for your efforts.

For custom setting d19, do you have histogram turned on for any of display options 1 thru 4?
For seeing the historgram during live view, check your Custom Setting #D10 (View Mode) and make sure that you don't have "Adjust for ease of viewing" set, as this will cancel any display of the histogram while composing.
Thank you! I was using strobes for a portrait session and changed "Adjust for ease of viewing." Reset this and I now see my histogram in the viewfinder again.

Back