Z9 noise at low ISO, is it normal?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi is is normal there is so much noise at ISO 720-1000 OOC Jpegs, No NR , normally I shoot raw+jpeg & then DXO Pure raw (but not working yet for Z9 High eff*) as I also have focus issues I wonder if I got a dud Z9? Thanks for any help Starling ISO 900, F6.3, 1/2500sec, 500mmPF, AFC wide animal eye
DSC_0355 ISO 1000.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_5965.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
it’s hard to say from those images. my first guess is you are having missed focus issues. but with those images it’s hard to say where focus is and the subject is a bit too far to really examine.

optimally take static reference photos and provide ALL settings including af mode, etc

it’s hard to say from those images. my first guess is you are having missed focus issues. but with those images it’s hard to say where focus is and the subject is a bit too far to really examine.

optimally take static reference photos and provide ALL settings including af mode, etc
its on the birds, I do some static ones soon, thought the exif was visible here? 500PF +1.4TC F8,1/2000, AFC -wide animal eye, sec on the duck .focus was locked according to camera, therefore I wonder if somethings wrong

you really need to go back to basics and provide a baseline in order to get help diagnosing any issues.

don’t try to diagnose everything at once. start with can i focus on a static object in a controlled situation (ie, a shot that you can repeat over and over).

provide all the settings. explain if it’s a jpg or raw and all the related details

explain what you think is wrong

you really need to go back to basics and provide a baseline in order to get help diagnosing any issues.

don’t try to diagnose everything at once. start with can i focus on a static object in a controlled situation (ie, a shot that you can repeat over and over).

provide all the settings. explain if it’s a jpg or raw and all the related details

explain what you think is wrong
Ok, is there a way I can record the viewfinder? then its easy to see what I mean about the focus issues.

Back