z9 not formatting

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

fredheidepriem

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Recently found that my Z9 is not formatting on slot 1. It does have the latest firmware. I had to use my Z8 to format the Delkin Black card. It worked flawlessly. Anybody else having this problem?

Nope.

Do you have a card in slot one (and double check this...)? Is the card formattable after you format it in the other camera? How do you know it's not formatting (do you take pictures, click format, and it does nothing, etc)?

Nope.

Do you have a card in slot one (and double check this...)? Is the card formattable after you format it in the other camera? How do you know it's not formatting (do you take pictures, click format, and it does nothing, etc)?
Yes, using slot 1. Tried both quick format and used the trash button as well. Had been using the Z8 with the 100-400 and the Z9 was mounted on the 800 6.3 unused for awhile. Didn’t notice it was just adding more shots, as I wasn’t really reviewing in the field. At home, I was kinda shocked at the over 9000 count on the card. Loaded on the computer to make sure the new ones weren’t lost and tried to format again. No luck. Tried the Z8, and they were gone.

Given the circumstances you describe I suggest:
1) Save your current settings to a card in slot 2. You’ll want to load them later.
2) Reset all settings. Turn the camera off and on.
3) Insert a card into slot 1 and attempt to format it.
4) If the format is not successful, your camera should be examined by a qualified service technician.

Back