Z9 Rear Monitor

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

vandy

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The monitor on my Z9 will not come on so I was wondering if anyone on here has run into this problem yet. I updated the camera to version 2.11 about 10 days ago and played with it some to make sure it was still operating and everything was fine at that time so I put it away. I pulled it out today just to play with it some and took a few photos with it, I then tried to check what I was shooting with the preview button but nothing would come up on the monitor, it was at that time that I noticed none of the buttons had any effect on the monitor. The camera has less than 2000 shutter actuation's on it and is always stored in an air conditioned home office and kept dust and moisture free, never been bumped or dropped or any other of that sort of thing that could cause damage to it. I tried to perform a 2 button reset but that did not work. I have a sneaky felling that it may have to go back to Nikon but I just thought I would run it by you wonderful people to see if someone may have run into the same thing. Thanks for any insight and wisdom you can offer. I have never had a camera that needed to be sent back to the manufacturer for repairs so this is new for me, if that is ultimately what has to happen.

Press the Display (Monitor Mode) button on the left side of the viewfinder.
Well you sir are a genius, I didn't even know that button was there. I chalk this up to life being in the way since I got this thing and not much time to spend with it getting to know the little things like this that make life simple. Thank you so much, I will certainly remember that button from now on.

Back