Z9 Rearview display issue

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The live display is not working in camera mode but displays when I switch to video. I have cleaned the eye sensor. I am stumped. Hoping for some insights before I send it off to repair. Thank you.

Press the little button on the left of the viewfinder that looks like |[ ]|

My own camera behaves the way yours is doing when I have it set to "Prioritize Viewfinder (1)"
I have pressed it to no avail but will try it again. Interesting that the small green light to the left of OK button illuminates when I turn on the camera.

Yes it displays when I pull it out however, nothing the menu and playback functions do not display.
If you’ve accidentally changed the viewfinder options in the menu you may have to hold the camera up to your eye, go into the menu settings without taking the camera from your eye and check the appropriate boxes to allow use of the rear panel LCD. Once all the options you want to use are selected then the button on the left side of the viewfinder housing will allow to cycle through them.

Perhaps something else is going on but if you can’t cycle through the display options using that button on the viewfinder housing it’s typically because the options you want were disabled in the menu.

Thank you so much. As i locked the verticle shutter I notice another button below it, it must be the view option control. I pressed it and the liveview is restored along with playback and menu. TY!!!

If you’ve accidentally changed the viewfinder options in the menu you may have to hold the camera up to your eye, go into the menu settings without taking the camera from your eye and check the appropriate boxes to allow use of the rear panel LCD. Once all the options you want to use are selected then the button on the left side of the viewfinder housing will allow to cycle through them.

Perhaps something else is going on but if you can’t cycle through the display options using that button on the viewfinder housing it’s typically because the options you want were disabled in the menu.
Thank you so much. I resolved the issue with the help of everyone who offered it. I will be more aware of the buttons near the verticle shutter.

Aren’t we lucky to this forum with so much experience at our finger tips. I’ve seen so many situations solved in this forum. I know that when I have something funny happening, I’m coming here first for advice. I really appreciate everyone’s willingness to help your fellow photographers.

Aren’t we lucky to this forum with so much experience at our finger tips. I’ve seen so many situations solved in this forum. I know that when I have something funny happening, I’m coming here first for advice. I really appreciate everyone’s willingness to help your fellow photographers.
This is the first time I reached and so appreciate it. I do subscribe to the backcountry gallery and the first thing I did when i got my z9 was purchase the guide. Thanks to everyone again.

Back