Z9 release confirmed to be .. (drum roll please)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
this year.

Okay not a big deal. I wrote to NPS to ask about when I could sign up for priority delivery and it membership status matters and they replied I could request delivery when the camera is announced this year. And priority delivery is in the order received. Not extra benefit for paying more, though this may be a way for Nikon to boost NPS revenues (though not too much as you pay $300 for platinum and get 10% back, up to $300 on a single purchase).

Interesting Dan…. And anything on the firmware forZ6ii/Z7ii (Ricci said in comments on You Tube yesterday “some rumours are only rumours” which sounded a bit depressing!!)

A lot of people know exactly what’s going on but are confined by NDA’s so they make vague predictions. Three more trailers, assuming one per week, will leave us with a full picture at the end of October start of November.

Unfortunately the only picture I got from Teaser #1 was an implementation of a half decade old Pentax display hinging methodology. Maybe the Nikon team went to Wendy's for lunch since then so they were able to answer that age old question: "Where's the Beef?"

this year.

Okay not a big deal. I wrote to NPS to ask about when I could sign up for priority delivery and it membership status matters and they replied I could request delivery when the camera is announced this year. And priority delivery is in the order received. Not extra benefit for paying more, though this may be a way for Nikon to boost NPS revenues (though not too much as you pay $300 for platinum and get 10% back, up to $300 on a single purchase).
Tried to pre order with my camera store guy; he says he's been told Z9 launched and orders taken (for delivery who knows when) at the end of this month (October).

Tried to pre order with my camera store guy; he says he's been told Z9 launched and orders taken (for delivery who knows when) at the end of this month (October).
orders taken, or orders will be taken? I am number four on the wait list for my local shop, so I have a very high chance of getting a camera in the first wave, I signed up 7 months ago.

Last edited:
orders taken, or orders will be taken? I am number four on the wait list for my local shop, so I have a very high chance of getting a camera in the first wave, I signed up 7 months ago.
I'm number 5 on the list as you are number four, that is when Nikon is accepting the orders I'll be called for my credit card number :)

this year.

NPS isn't what it used to be. Once upon a time I was the best camera support program.
I'm not spending as much on the NPS this year.
It still has benefits but not as many.
A good repour with a good camera store is more valuable.

This is the information that I got from Indian Nikon sales person though I have decided to go with Sony A1 which has been promised to be delivered by 26 th of this month by the I Sony India sales person

Back