Z9: Setup Menu>Firmware>Delete fw update files>Camera body???

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DsD

I just did the 3.01 update to the Z9. I don't remember seeing the above "Delete Firmware">"Camera Body" before. A Nikon search has helped NOT. I did not try a search in Steve's Z9 guide ... prolly should have but just thought about after I got this thread plumbed up.

What is this and why would I want to perform it?

You can delete the Firmware > Camera Body file - that will delete the file off the memory card that has the FW update file you loaded the update to. The actual firmware update is already in the camera’s memory. I appreciate that what you reacted to is a bit daunting. But This information is straight from Thom Hogan’s Z9 eBook guide.

Reactions: DsD
You can delete the Firmware > Camera Body file - that will delete the file off the memory card that has the FW update file you loaded the update to. The actual firmware update is already in the camera’s memory. I appreciate that what you reacted to is a bit daunting. But This information is straight from Thom Hogan’s Z9 eBook guide.
Ah, great and thanx James. I have not bought Thom’s guide. Yes perplexed and now know why Thom rants over Nikon’s menu verbiage. Delete from card, yes, so why would they say “body”? Ja, Nikon is disconnected from their customer/users for sure. Rant over (thanks Thom).

Ah, great and thanx James. I have not bought Thom’s guide. Yes perplexed and now know why Thom rants over Nikon’s menu verbiage. Delete from card, yes, so why would they say “body”? Ja, Nikon is disconnected from their customer/users for sure. Rant over (thanks Thom).
For me I didn't think that message was unusual or confusing at all. I figured the reason it was mentioning camera body was to distinguish it from a lens firmware update file. After reading your interpretation, I guess I can see how it might be confusing though.

Reactions: DsD
Back