If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ricky Simpson

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I finally finished sorting and processing images I shot in FL while visiting our oldest son which was my first time shooting anything other than our backyard critters. Love the Z9 and am impressed with its all around performance.I personally like the size since I mostly shoot with the big primes on a monopod and I see it also being good for macro and landscapes.

Here are my favorite Shorebird flight shots which I rarely shoot and do not know the species very well. Perhaps someone can help me with identifying these little speedsters.

Hope you enjoy as much as I did capturing these. Thanks for looking!

Ricky

1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

I finally finished sorting and processing images I shot in FL while visiting our oldest son which was my first time shooting anything other than our backyard critters. Love the Z9 and am impressed with its all around performance.I personally like the size since I mostly shoot with the big primes on a monopod and I see it also being good for macro and landscapes.

Here are my favorite Shorebird flight shots which I rarely shoot and do not know the species very well. Perhaps someone can help me with identifying these little speedsters.

Hope you enjoy as much as I did capturing these. Thanks for looking!

Ricky

View attachment 31703View attachment 31704View attachment 31705View attachment 31706View attachment 31707
Beautiful Series! Razor Sharp๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Awesome set of images, Ricky. I'm not a serious birder. I shoot first and figure them out later. But maybe I can help get you started on the IDs. If interested this should give you a starting point and you can get more specific on Cornell Birds website . All of these appear to be non-breeding plumage.

1. sanderling(I think)
2. turnstone
3. plover of some sort(maybe ring necked?)
4. turnstone again
5. dunlin

Awesome set of images, Ricky. I'm not a serious birder. I shoot first and figure them out later. But maybe I can help get you started on the IDs. If interested this should give you a starting point and you can get more specific on Cornell Birds website . All of these appear to be non-breeding plumage.

1. sanderling(I think)
2. turnstone
3. plover of some sort(maybe ring necked?)
4. turnstone again
5. dunlin

Much appreciated Dan! Your guidance as well as another response over at FM helped clear up my confusion. After looking at my Bird App I think #3 is a Semipalmated Plover and the Turnstones are "Ruddy". Thanks again for your detailed response.