Brunca Timelapse

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Nimi

Noob Forever
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Headed to the southern coffee region of Brunca (Costa Rica) for a commercial shoot, hoped and got the rain clouds.

Shot on a Z9 with a Viltrox EPIC T2 1.33x (anamorphic) and a black-mist filter to subdue the sharpness of the image. Edited in Premiere Pro and After Effects.

The forum compresses it greatly, if you'd like to see the 4k version, watch it directly on YouTube.

Thanks for watching! (Client name removed.)

Last edited:
Really neat video Nimi!
I thought the soundtrack went very well with the images.
Got to say not a fan of the fake lightning bolt.
Everything else A+
I appreciate you answering our questions on this forum.
Dave

Really neat video Nimi!
I thought the soundtrack went very well with the images.
Got to say not a fan of the fake lightning bolt.
Everything else A+
I appreciate you answering our questions on this forum.
Dave
Thanks and I agree, but client wishes 🤷‍♀️. I'll eventually make "my own" version, might remove.

Headed to the southern coffee region of Brunca (Costa Rica) for a commercial shoot, hoped and got the rain clouds.

Shot on a Z9 with a Viltrox EPIC T2 1.33x (anamorphic) and a black-mist filter to subdue the sharpness of the image. Edited in Premiere Pro and After Effects.

The forum compresses it greatly, if you'd like to see the 4k version, watch it directly on YouTube.

Thanks for watching! (Client name removed.)
Excellent job, Nimi.
I can see where the animated lightning bolt could be viewed as a cutting-edge, Avant Garde design element.
How will your footage be used? What will the final commercial look and sound like? Product images? Voice over?

Cheers,
Rudy

Excellent job, Nimi.
I can see where the animated lightning bolt could be viewed as a cutting-edge, Avant Garde design element.
How will your footage be used? What will the final commercial look and sound like? Product images? Voice over?

Cheers,
Rudy

Thank you!

This is for a big coffee company and they only hired me to do four specific timelapses, one for each of four coffee regions in Costa Rica. They are launching single-origin products and this will be for the introduction on social media. So while I shot it anamorphic (2.4x1), it had to fit into a 16x9, and later 1.91 and 1 ratios so you might notice a gentle panning action.

Thank you!

This is for a big coffee company and they only hired me to do four specific timelapses, one for each of four coffee regions in Costa Rica. They are launching single-origin products and this will be for the introduction on social media. So while I shot it anamorphic (2.4x1), it had to fit into a 16x9, and later 1.91 and 1 ratios so you might notice a gentle panning action.
Cool! Nice contract. Do you need anyone to carry your gear? ;)

Nice "moody" video Nimi. I'm curious; playback was "staccato" and often typical of time-lapse videos. Is there any way of smoothing this out? (I have no experience with time-lapse videos.)

Nice "moody" video Nimi. I'm curious; playback was "staccato" and often typical of time-lapse videos. Is there any way of smoothing this out? (I have no experience with time-lapse videos.)
Thanks!

Mine is smooth, so possibly streaming from YouTube on your network? It's a big file...

As far as smoothing timelapses, depends on the Subject, moving clouds being the toughest. I find that shortening the interval to 2-3 seconds and obeying the 180 shutter angle rule, then maybe throwing on warp stabilizer in post is 90% of the battle. For display, we're really limited by the network, as both YouTube and Vimeo throttle back frame rate over mobile which throws everything off. Meta is a little better and now they also have an 8k option.

Thanks!

Mine is smooth, so possibly streaming from YouTube on your network? It's a big file...

As far as smoothing timelapses, depends on the Subject, moving clouds being the toughest. I find that shortening the interval to 2-3 seconds and obeying the 180 shutter angle rule, then maybe throwing on warp stabilizer in post is 90% of the battle. For display, we're really limited by the network, as both YouTube and Vimeo throttle back frame rate over mobile which throws everything off. Meta is a little better and now they also have an 8k option.
Nimi,
I have not been able to get Meta(Facebook) to even show my 4k as anything beside p1080, as well as a friend of mine can't. What is the trick? to get Meta to accept 4k or 8k?
Dave

Nimi,
I have not been able to get Meta(Facebook) to even show my 4k as anything beside p1080, as well as a friend of mine can't. What is the trick? to get Meta to accept 4k or 8k?
Dave

It's being rolled out. Half my clients can now show 8k on Insta Reels (all business accounts) and got notices that its coming to FB. And as of two weeks ago, YouTube is allowing streaming 8k on the Meta Quest device. My guess by end of year it will be widely supported.

Back