180-600 Review by Hudson

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Seems like he's pretty positive about it. His complaints are the ones we all have, lens foot/collar are bad (which they are). He doesn't like the weight, and thinks it doesn't balance as well (I feel like mine does, but I have a 5.25" plate from kirk on it, so I think this is a more personal thing). He does say his copy is sharp wide open (which I agree there, mine is solid), and works well with a TC.

Seems like he's pretty positive about it. His complaints are the ones we all have, lens foot/collar are bad (which they are). He doesn't like the weight, and thinks it doesn't balance as well (I feel like mine does, but I have a 5.25" plate from kirk on it, so I think this is a more personal thing). He does say his copy is sharp wide open (which I agree there, mine is solid), and works well with a TC.
My concern is these replacement collars are going to have a short foot like the Nikon one. I do like the 5.25 plate from Kirk for both its function as longer handle, and the reach to the lens controls.

Back