-

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

-

Last edited by a moderator:
The same thing has happened to me. Been using the JJC eyecup for about a week but today it came loose from the metal ring. Fortunately I found it on the ground as I was walking back to the car.

I use the DIY JJC eyecup rubber piece on the original Z9 eye piece. It works great, but you do have to keep an eye on the rubber piece. It tends to escape, probably due to the major fight I had getting it to stretch onto the Z9 part. I will probably buy another Z9 eyepiece (if they are ever available) and do this modification again. It doesn't sound like the 3rd party options are any better for now.

-

I use the DIY JJC eyecup rubber piece on the original Z9 eye piece. It works great, but you do have to keep an eye on the rubber piece. It tends to escape, probably due to the major fight I had getting it to stretch onto the Z9 part. I will probably buy another Z9 eyepiece (if they are ever available) and do this modification again. It doesn't sound like the 3rd party options are any better for now.
See post #3. ;)

-

I received Bluestar Oval Small Eye Cushion that fits perfectly on the HOODMAN HoodEYE HNZ9 for Nikon Z9. It will also fit on the competing solutions.

My issue was that I previously used the much larger Hoodman EyeCup glasses on my DSLRs and this took the large sized Eye Cushion, but the large size was far too large. So I just tried a few options and found the Bluestar Oval Small Eye Cushion works the best.

Why use an Eye Cushion - I prefer it. I almost invariably wear glasses which have a prescription that involves more than just a +/- magnification and as a result I want to be able to shoot safely either wearing glasses or not AND as a result I do not adjust the diopter setting. AND I use my camera/telephoto as a spotting scope as well when on safari - I never got on with Binos and still don't - a camera with 600mm or 800mm lens has greater magnification than most binos I have used. AND finally I also shoot vids and I like the comfort an eye cushion provides. I carry a few of these cushions with me and tend to have a blue and red colour cushion on my A and B camera to help me distinguish between them. Currently there is a large price difference between Blue and Red so I just have Blue on both.

The Z105mm has a Kase wolverine stepping ring and Firewell 1/8 mist filter attached AND all my Z-lenses that have control rings also have Tilta Seamless Focus Gear Rings fitted to this ring. Where possible I have swapped the role of Control Rings and Focus rings to make the Control Ring responsible for manually adjusting focus - the gear ring helps me very quickly find the control ring and also lets me mount these lenses in a rig to shoot with follow-focus.

IMG_1407.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

IMG_1408.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Back