800f6.3, Late to the party but my take.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Z800. I am still learning my Z8 and think the 800pf (I currently use the 500pf) would be great for small birds. Your shots are fantastic. I really like the wrens eye.
jfbacks shots are a great example of what the Z800 can do for small birds shots. I finally got my Z800 April 24th after ordering it the morning after it was announced at midnight EDT in April 2022. I could not have gotten the below picture as well (handheld Z9+Z800 1/640 sec at 6.3 ISO 4000) without it. It was a dark and very raining evening when we happened to see the heron got a large fish from a creek that is over 100 ft from our house as we were prepping dinner. The 800 mm fl puts 2.5 times more pixels on the subject than the 500 PF which is really important at high ISO to get good noise reduction and still keep good detail which the z800 delivers in spades. The 500 pf was attached to my z9 since I got it but the z800 has replaced it almost exclusively the last two months. I now use the z800 with my Z8 when walking around.
Home_NIKON Z 9_20230429_98763-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back