A Big Red Barn - Waseca, MN

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MalcolmP

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Mahler Family Barn - Waseca Minnesota - Circa 1865
201008 Mahler Barn Sunrise DSC_7650 copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thank you Biff & Bill. Two more shots to put it in context. Mahlers were original homesteaders in south central MN where the prairie met the forest. Farm remains in the Mahler family to this day. Was a dairy farm but today is a corn and soybeans operation only, Note the Corn Crib is still in use.
201007 Mahler Barn 1280 DSC_7375.jpg
201007 Mahler Farm 1280 DSC_7470.jpg

Malcolm, great shots. My son & I were very close to this site on our way to Ely, MN about 10 days ago! Oh my goodness, had I only known. We were on a canoe purchase trip, so drove about 26 hours over 48, to pick up a canoe my son bought, great road trip, no time to stop & take pictures, but for this one I would have made him stop & take that short detour. Exquisite captures! I love the old old farmsteads, working or not. Wowser! PS Biff has shared some great farm shots also. Keep them coming, quite the inspiration.

Back