A bit of a disagreement between a pair of Scaled Quail.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

cr_wildlife

Supporting Member
Marketplace
We were watching a covey of Scaled Quail when a second covey came by. A male from the first covey was keeping lookout from a low perch on a branch. A male from the second covey decided that the perch was indeed a great lookout spot and flew in uninvited. The first male seemed to disagree about there being room for two on the perch! These are fairly common birds, listed as Least Concern on the IUCN Red List. They are also called Cottontops, referring to their white crest.
Z91_6917-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD-Edit-2-Edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Excellent image of fowl interaction!
Thank you very much, Karen! I am finally (!) caught up on my post-processing, which, of course, means that I have to go out shooting. At least I will no longer be bleary eyed when looking at my images on the computer!

We were watching a covey of Scaled Quail when a second covey came by. A male from the first covey was keeping lookout from a low perch on a branch. A male from the second covey decided that the perch was indeed a great lookout spot and flew in uninvited. The first male seemed to disagree about there being room for two on the perch! These are fairly common birds, listed as Least Concern on the IUCN Red List. They are also called Cottontops, referring to their white crest.View attachment 68805

Really nice.

We were watching a covey of Scaled Quail when a second covey came by. A male from the first covey was keeping lookout from a low perch on a branch. A male from the second covey decided that the perch was indeed a great lookout spot and flew in uninvited. The first male seemed to disagree about there being room for two on the perch! These are fairly common birds, listed as Least Concern on the IUCN Red List. They are also called Cottontops, referring to their white crest.View attachment 68805
Awesome action shot! Birds, background and perch amazing!

Back