A Black-necked Grebe is trying to catch a flying insect

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

cr_wildlife

Supporting Member
Marketplace
While standing in a cold pond with water almost to the top of my chest waders and with my tripod in the water up to the bottom of the gimbal, I was photographing Black-necked Grebes feeding on insects hatching from the pond. The sun was setting, I was cold and shivering, but I hung in there long enough to get this image.
7093E8DD-D4F3-4D34-8536-5B3F9BE541C8 (1).jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

While standing in a cold pond with water almost to the top of my chest waders and with my tripod in the water up to the bottom of the gimbal, I was photographing Black-necked Grebes feeding on insects hatching from the pond. The sun was setting, I was cold and shivering, but I hung in there long enough to get this image. View attachment 59352
Beautiful shot! Well done👍👍👍

Fantastic image - I love all the color. In the US, the common name for this species is eared grebe, but in every other English speaking country they are called black-necked grebes.

Fantastic image - I love all the color. In the US, the common name for this species is eared grebe, but in every other English speaking country they are called black-necked grebes.
Thank you. Yes, we call them eared grebes, but the accepted name is black-necked grebes. Besides, the image was taken in Canada!😄

Back