If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ElenaH

I never get a first prize in photographic competition however, I consider myself more as a photographer than a film-maker. Yes, I was between the finalists, my photos got in BPOTY book and were in 10 best in some famous contests but everywhere were very strong rivals! 😧

I sent my short video to FOTOTEST magazine and got the first place!
IMG_1815_1024.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

It is in German ;-)
here is the link: https://www.fototest.de/fotowettbewerb/leserwettbewerb-ausgabe-1-2024-videografie-6129/
The link to video on youtube:

The video is not technically good IMO. The footage is not shoot in RAW and not graded and it is filmed without a tripod. The three episodes with cars were filmed much earlier. The episodes with car in the sand - the cars drive in opposite directions! What is actually wrong! And considered as two different cases and not that I conquered the sand ;-) I must have flipped the clip to bring the cars movement in one direction. And the last clip with lioness was not good stabilised. So, it is a lot of mistakes but I think, the story has won. The music was very good, too.
Interestingly, it took me about half an hour to create a film because my partner wanted to show something to his Boss :ROFLMAO: and wanted a quick version...
So, it shows that sometimes a quick version is a better one ;-)

I had a lot of footage from this trip and created a longer version of the film here:

The long version took much more time and effort. As it was ready my partner and other friends told the music is too dominant. I changed almost all music ...
But on the other hand I was happy because I found a music which sounds like Spanish and reminded me Torero fights ;-)
Then my partner said that we need to send my text to English proof! :oops: Because if the English is not correct that a good video will be de-valualed ...So, I needed then to make voice-over again for almost all sentences ... And I am not a native speaker! 😕
At the end I already hated the video and wanted to have it done. Somehow.
I am quite sure you also had such situation when you look for some justification to stop working on improvements.

And this is why we are here. To support each other :) and to encourage!

Love this Elana! Huge congratulations (y)
You chose the perfect vantage point to tell the story of the dust and drama between these relentless enemies.
.....and yes....I watched the 13 min version too! :)
Chitake Springs is one of my favourite areas in Mana, especially during suicide month. ;)

Cheers
Marc

I never get a first prize in photographic competition however, I consider myself more as a photographer than a film-maker. Yes, I was between the finalists, my photos got in BPOTY book and were in 10 best in some famous contests but everywhere were very strong rivals! 😧

I sent my short video to FOTOTEST magazine and got the first place!
View attachment 79675
It is in German ;-)
here is the link: https://www.fototest.de/fotowettbewerb/leserwettbewerb-ausgabe-1-2024-videografie-6129/
The link to video on youtube:

The video is not technically good IMO. The footage is not shoot in RAW and not graded and it is filmed without a tripod. The three episodes with cars were filmed much earlier. The episodes with car in the sand - the cars drive in opposite directions! What is actually wrong! And considered as two different cases and not that I conquered the sand ;-) I must have flipped the clip to bring the cars movement in one direction. And the last clip with lioness was not good stabilised. So, it is a lot of mistakes but I think, the story has won. The music was very good, too.
Interestingly, it took me about half an hour to create a film because my partner wanted to show something to his Boss :ROFLMAO: and wanted a quick version...
So, it shows that sometimes a quick version is a better one ;-)

I had a lot of footage from this trip and created a longer version of the film here:

The long version took much more time and effort. As it was ready my partner and other friends told the music is too dominant. I changed almost all music ...
But on the other hand I was happy because I found a music which sounds like Spanish and reminded me Torero fights ;-)
Then my partner said that we need to send my text to English proof! :oops: Because if the English is not correct that a good video will be de-valualed ...So, I needed then to make voice-over again for almost all sentences ... And I am not a native speaker! 😕
At the end I already hated the video and wanted to have it done. Somehow.
I am quite sure you also had such situation when you look for some justification to stop working on improvements.

And this is why we are here. To support each other :) and to encourage!
Congratulations Elena! You should be very proud of yourself. They are awesome videos. I watched both of them. It’s amazing how the buffalos protected each other. You captured it perfectly. well done.

Congratulations, well done Elana!
Thanks for sharing. I watched both movies, and preferred the 13 minutes version. However, I can understand your efforts and pains to finish it!

Congratulations!
Thank you, Rick!

Exciting, well done.
Thank you, Charles!

Excellent ,well done Elana!
Thank you, Gavin!

Good job!
Thank you, Patrick!

Congratulations Elena! You should be very proud of yourself. They are awesome videos. I watched both of them. It’s amazing how the buffalos protected each other. You captured it perfectly. well done.
Thank you, Ralph!

Congratulations, well done Elana!
Thanks for sharing. I watched both movies, and preferred the 13 minutes version. However, I can understand your efforts and pains to finish it!
That's true! Thank you, Jaap!

Super video!
Thank you, Kirk!

Stunning video and I was absolutely riveted by it! Thanks so much for posting it and congratulations on your success.
Thank you, Dan!

Congrats Elena, I am happy almost like You. Beautiful video
Thank you, Tom!

Done! Outstanding and well worth all your efforts to get it PERFECT!
Thank you, Karen!

Elena,
Impressive story you have told. I enjoyed both versions, but the longer version is my favorite. Very happy Rudy spurred you into sharing it. Hopefully more to come in the coming years.
Dave

Excellent video Elena! And congrats on getting first place! IMO, a video tells so much more than a single photo.
Thank you, Ricardo!

Fantastic!
Thank you, Steven!

Impressive story you have told. I enjoyed both versions, but the longer version is my favorite. Very happy Rudy spurred you into sharing it. Hopefully more to come in the coming years.
Dave
Thank you, Dave! Yes, definitelly a good feedback motivates for new achievements!