A Leopard - from far away

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

On the edge of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan, India is a place called Bera. Flat land interspersed with rocky hills, remnants of the Aravalli Mountain range. The place is home to rainfed farming communities, graziers and wild Leopards.
This is a low rainfall area, 300mm or so annually. During the monsoons, plants come to life.They offer a nice mix of colours against the rocky backdrop.
I shot this male leopard strolling from far away. 100-150 meters or so. As a long lens landscape (500mm/5.6 PF on D500), it looks good to me. What could I have done differently?

Thanks in advance.

Arijit
28 aug 21 bera leopard 4 INWl.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice environmental shot. I like that you positioned the animal off center in the frame so that is appears to be moving into the frame. You may want to try placing the animal a bit lower in the frame also and see of you like the effect. From a technical standpoint I'd kick up the contrast a bit. Depending on what software you're using either increase "clarity" or move white/black points farther out.

Nice environmental shot. I like that you positioned the animal off center in the frame so that is appears to be moving into the frame. You may want to try placing the animal a bit lower in the frame also and see of you like the effect. From a technical standpoint I'd kick up the contrast a bit. Depending on what software you're using either increase "clarity" or move white/black points farther out.
Thanks a bunch. Will try out what you have suggested.
Best,
Arijit

Back