A little more about LRC Denoise GPU matters...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I could live with 9 seconds! I'm running an i7-9700K with 32G of mem and an integrated RTX2060 and (2) Samsung 990 m2's. After a fresh reboot and nothing else opened, a 49.7M file from a Z9 took 28 seconds from hitting the "enhance" button to done. CPU and memory were sleeping, GPU hit 97%. As little as I use that function, I can live with that as well. But my guess is that the more I become accustomed to that function, I may be using it on more photos, even maybe some batch jobs. And like you, I'm as bit more concerned with rendering and the develop module. I don't like any lag or sluggishness.

It's good to hear I don't need a 4090 for good LR performance, that's crazy money! I'll go back through and check all my LR settings again to make sure it's tweaked correctly and then see if I can talk myself into the existing LR speeds. Thanks for the data, much appreciated!
I'm running a similar i7-9700K system to yours with the exception of 64GB of memory and an RTX3090...my times are about the same as Alistair's for Denoise. When doing imports, and loading images to edit, I'm sure I could marginally speed up that process, but that's less of an aggravation to me than the difference between 30 sec's or more and 9 sec's when doing a batch of files. As mentioned, everyone has different perspectives in their workflow. The other factor, for me, is that I'm now doing a lot more video editing and performance, or lack thereof, there is a LOT more aggravating. You can't have too much performance in any area, but for video, it tilts more to the GPU than is currently the case with stills.

I put together this chart showing the number of Tensor Cores in various current and legacy GPU's from nVidia. Models earlier than the 2000 series do not include Tensor Cores, so won't really help with Adobe Denoise...or DXO, for that matter.

Data compiled from: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/

Tensor Core Chart.png

I'm running a similar i7-9700K system to yours with the exception of 64GB of memory and an RTX3090...my times are about the same as Alistair's for Denoise. When doing imports, and loading images to edit, I'm sure I could marginally speed up that process, but that's less of an aggravation to me than the difference between 30 sec's or more and 9 sec's when doing a batch of files. As mentioned, everyone has different perspectives in their workflow. The other factor, for me, is that I'm now doing a lot more video editing and performance, or lack thereof, there is a LOT more aggravating. You can't have too much performance in any area, but for video, it tilts more to the GPU than is currently the case with stills.

I put together this chart showing the number of Tensor Cores in various current and legacy GPU's from nVidia. Models earlier than the 2000 series do not include Tensor Cores, so won't really help with Adobe Denoise...or DXO, for that matter.

Data compiled from: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/

View attachment 78948
Good data. The other factor to be aware of with video editing is the amount of VRAM on the card. Some tasks need VRAM and will run better on a 3 series card with 24Gb than a 4 series with less.

Good data. The other factor to be aware of with video editing is the amount of VRAM on the card. Some tasks need VRAM and will run better on a 3 series card with 24Gb than a 4 series with less.
Very true and now that I'm working with 24GB on the 3090 card, crashes while editing or rendering videos in Resolve are a thing of the past. I came from 6GB on a 1660 Super GPU to the 3090...huge improvement on my then I7-6700K system with 64GB. AI NR doesn't seem to be as demanding in terms of VRAM with stills, but I've not seen any detailed information as to more memory benefit yet or some threshold. I know that with Resolve, 12GB or above seems to solve a lot of problems.

If anyone is looking to upgrade their GPU, is on a tight budget and is comfortable upgrading their own machine, I'd strongly suggest they look at the used market, as I did. A lot of gamers upgrading from 3080's and 3090's to 4000 series GPU's and unloading their older GPU's at half the price of new. In all my years of building my own desktop PC's and quite a few for others, I've never had a GPU failure. Most of the brand names are pretty much bulletproof, even when run hard. I would definitely buy locally and know who you're dealing with. Prefer FB Marketplace over Craigslist, but look at each situation on its own merits...I get a pretty good instant read on people...years in high-level sales! :ROFLMAO:

Back