A long webinar on Canon AF with a Canon Technical Consultant

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bleirer

Bill, Cleveland OH.
Supporting Member
Marketplace
This is a very long but informative webinar with a Canon rep that goes through every AF menu setting for the R5 specifically but shows the similarity to other R cameras. Not specifially wildlife oriented. Intro is over around 18 minutes. At around 1 hour 30 the host shows an interesting way to set up double back button focusing using the af-on for general acquisition and the * button for when focus is acquired.

I assume most R shooters and maybe mirrorless in general use double back button AF?

Last edited:
More on dual back button focus in a follow up video

thanks for the post...I'll watch the videos tomorrow, heading for bed...late. But to answer, yes I have double back button focus. One for the regular spot focus, and the second for the bird eye focus.....love it !!!!

Wow, the Steve Brazill interview was well worth the long video....now understand way better what some of those menu options are, and actually did a few more tweaks to what I already had...sweet....thanks again !!!!

Wow, the Steve Brazill interview was well worth the long video....now understand way better what some of those menu options are, and actually did a few more tweaks to what I already had...sweet....thanks again !!!!
Glad it was useful. I only have an RP but the choices are very similar, just more options with the R5.

Back