A portrait of a back lit Brown Bear

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

cr_wildlife

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Bears are very popular subjects for wildlife photographers. In fact, in the NANPA Showcase competition, more than 50% of the entries into the Mammal Category are shots of bears! Thus, figuring out a way to do something different with my bear sightings has proven to be a bit problematic. Nonetheless, I thought I would post this image of a close up shot of a back lit Brown Bear. I have to confess that I did more than an hour of post-processing to get the image to look the way I wanted.
*Backlit Bear.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Bears are very popular subjects for wildlife photographers. In fact, in the NANPA Showcase competition, more than 50% of the entries into the Mammal Category are shots of bears! Thus, figuring out a way to do something different with my bear sightings has proven to be a bit problematic. Nonetheless, I thought I would post this image of a close up shot of a back lit Brown Bear. I have to confess that I did more than an hour of post-processing to get the image to look the way I wanted.View attachment 63745
I like it! Well done👍👍

Nice shot. It is a challenge to do something different with bear photos. IMO portraits and backlighting are under utilized techniques with them. Combining the two as you did here is really special. Well done.

Bears are very popular subjects for wildlife photographers. In fact, in the NANPA Showcase competition, more than 50% of the entries into the Mammal Category are shots of bears! Thus, figuring out a way to do something different with my bear sightings has proven to be a bit problematic. Nonetheless, I thought I would post this image of a close up shot of a back lit Brown Bear. I have to confess that I did more than an hour of post-processing to get the image to look the way I wanted.View attachment 63745
Do like the lighting! Nice pic

Nicely done, indeed. Great work obviously on the post production, but truly what nails this shot is the 'look' you captured; those eyes! Beautiful.

Back