a short hike in my backwoods (switzerland)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Dom

Testing out my newly acquired 70-200mm f/2.8 FL ED VR..quite a sharp lens imo

Aussicht Hörnli Hügel.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Aussicht Hörnli Säntis-4.jpg

Aussicht Hörnli Säntis full 1200.jpg

All are nice, but for me, the best is the first. I like the winter mood.
I have the 70-200, but it is a lot of time that it will not go out home.
So for hiking, I prefer many other lenses like the 24-120 and the 100-400 combo.
Nothing wrong with your choice; it is no good and a bad solution, it depends on personal preference, and your photos are lovely so I will need to try again to use the 70 - 200.

Thanks a lot guys!

All are nice, but for me, the best is the first. I like the winter mood.
I have the 70-200, but it is a lot of time that it will not go out home.
So for hiking, I prefer many other lenses like the 24-120 and the 100-400 combo.
Nothing wrong with your choice; it is no good and a bad solution, it depends on personal preference, and your photos are lovely so I will need to try again to use the 70 - 200.
Well, i had my 24-70mm with me too. I've never had a longer zoom lens so this is all new to me. And after using the 24-70mm almost exclusively for more than a year and a half i needed a bit of a change ;)

Thanks a lot guys!

Well, i had my 24-70mm with me too. I've never had a longer zoom lens so this is all new to me. And after using the 24-70mm almost exclusively for more than a year and a half i needed a bit of a change ;)
Depends on what you are looking for. My primary intent is wildlife photography so a long lens is necessary, after, there is the landscape with a wider angle.
However, in my country, not so far from yours, Italy, the animal is not so confident, so the 70-200 is often too short. But the FL remain one of the best lenses on the market so you made a good choice. (y)

Depends on what you are looking for. My primary intent is wildlife photography so a long lens is necessary, after, there is the landscape with a wider angle.
However, in my country, not so far from yours, Italy, the animal is not so confident, so the 70-200 is often too short. But the FL remain one of the best lenses on the market so you made a good choice. (y)
I only shoot landscapes, so the 70-200 suits me very well. For wildlife it's definitely too short. Maybe i'll catch some local birds but i never tried.

Lovely series of a spectacularly beautiful part of the world! The last image is especially nice - well done! How fortunate you are to live there.

Back