A very small sample of our Australian feathered friends feeding.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Paul T

Supporting Member
Marketplace
An Azure Kingfisher. I knew these little birds were around as I had disturbed one of them when walking near the river. So off to grab the camera, settle and wait and sure enough. 'Splash' and not 3 metres away this gorgeous little bird settled on a small stick over the water to consume its freshly caught fish. 17-19cm.
IMG_2682.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

An Eastern Yellow Robin. I have photographed these little birds many times however in this instance it surprised me when it landed with this big fat juicy worm in its beak. It took this little bird no more than 3 shakes of its head and the worm has disappeared into the birds stomach without so much as a goodbye. 15-16cm.

IMG_2684.jpeg

A Female Golden Whistler. Very very quickly landed and caught this Cicada for its evening meal. I have no idea how long it took the bird to eat its meal as it took to wing with its prize. 16-18cm.
IMG_2686.jpeg

A Male Superb fairy Wren. The Wrens at this campground were almost domesticated. They showed absolutely no fear of us humans at all and were almost everywhere around us in large numbers. I decided to lay on the ground in the hope of catching a close up. I did not expect this however and as seen this little guy was quick to spy and grab this insect for breakfast. 13-14cm.
IMG_2688.jpeg

An Azure Kingfisher. I knew these little birds were around as I had disturbed one of them when walking near the river. So off to grab the camera, settle and wait and sure enough. 'Splash' and not 3 metres away this gorgeous little bird settled on a small stick over the water to consume its freshly caught fish. 17-19cm.View attachment 74519

An Eastern Yellow Robin. I have photographed these little birds many times however in this instance it surprised me when it landed with this big fat juicy worm in its beak. It took this little bird no more than 3 shakes of its head and the worm has disappeared into the birds stomach without so much as a goodbye. 15-16cm.

View attachment 74520
A Female Golden Whistler. Very very quickly landed and caught this Cicada for its evening meal. I have no idea how long it took the bird to eat its meal as it took to wing with its prize. 16-18cm.
View attachment 74521
A Male Superb fairy Wren. The Wrens at this campground were almost domesticated. They showed absolutely no fear of us humans at all and were almost everywhere around us in large numbers. I decided to lay on the ground in the hope of catching a close up. I did not expect this however and as seen this little guy was quick to spy and grab this insect for breakfast. 13-14cm.
View attachment 74522
Excellent Paul! Well done👍👍👍

Terrific series Paul! The fairy wren and kingfisher have coloring that looks like tropical species.

Back