About to give up

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

AlanTW

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Spent an hour sitting by a friend's pond waiting for dragonflies . Decided that today it wasn't going to happen and started packing the camera away, then about 2 metres away this Souther Hawker (or that's what I think it is) appeared briefly to lay eggs in the rotten wood then disappeared all in about 20 seconds

D500_101_4638.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Its a "Keeper"! :giggle: I walked around our pond today and noticed a huge drop in Dragonflies and birds here recently. The colder nights has likely started to trigger migrations to the South.

Its a "Keeper"! :giggle: I walked around our pond today and noticed a huge drop in Dragonflies and birds here recently. The colder nights has likely started to trigger migrations to the South.
Many thanks John, it's still warm in the UK so they should still be around

Spent an hour sitting by a friend's pond waiting for dragonflies . Decided that today it wasn't going to happen and started packing the camera away, then about 2 metres away this Souther Hawker (or that's what I think it is) appeared briefly to lay eggs in the rotten wood then disappeared all in about 20 seconds

View attachment 44830
Excellent photo. . To quote Dr Hannibal Lechter “All good things come to those who wait”. Yep

Great story, great shot. Love the entire scene, the background, the log and the use of the frame. Really nice!

Back