Adobe upgrade failures

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

once again after downloading Lightroom upgrade the catalogue needed to be adjusted by lightroom before use.
the result was abismal photos missing not found etc, etc. anyone else suffered this

once again after downloading Lightroom upgrade the catalogue needed to be adjusted by lightroom before use.
the result was abismal photos missing not found etc, etc. anyone else suffered this
What do you mean "adjusted"? Are you referring to LR upgrading the catalog from v11 to v12? If so the upgrade from LR6 to LRC as well as the recent upgrade from catalog v11 to v12 were bumpless for me. Or at least I think they were. Maybe I better go look for missing photos?

Am having problems with Bridge 2023 - can no longer click/drag to select photos. In Photoshop 2023 if I crop screen goes blank and then when I click image comes back cropped, but with the crop box still on it and I can't cancel it. Don't know if this is operator error or if it's a real issue. Had zero problems with 2022 with these two functions.

Bridge 2023 wouldn't even open for me. I went back to Bridge 2022. PS CC 2023 is working for me, though.
Glad I'm not the only one. Hard to figure out these glitches. Wouldn't expect this from Adobe. Never had a problem and I've been using their software for years.

So far no post-update issues with Bridge, Camera Raw (CR) or Photoshop (PS) with my 2017 I Mac using the current OS but as usual some small annoyances due to interface changes. I don't trust separate catalogs and use Bridge and a series of named folders rather than Lightroom so no experience there. I love the new masking routines in CR and wish that the same adjustments were available when using the quick selection tool in PS rather than just exposure and contrast. Most of my Adobe issues over the years have involved collisions with my Canon printer drivers and software.

I'd be interested in knowing how Bridge and PS are playing with the new M-series Macs since my 2017 unit is getting a bit long in the tooth.

So far no post-update issues with Bridge, Camera Raw (CR) or Photoshop (PS) with my 2017 I Mac using the current OS but as usual some small annoyances due to interface changes. I don't trust separate catalogs and use Bridge and a series of named folders rather than Lightroom so no experience there. I love the new masking routines in CR and wish that the same adjustments were available when using the quick selection tool in PS rather than just exposure and contrast. Most of my Adobe issues over the years have involved collisions with my Canon printer drivers and software.

I'd be interested in knowing how Bridge and PS are playing with the new M-series Macs since my 2017 unit is getting a bit long in the tooth.
Well, my Bridge issues were operator error. However, I removed and re-installed Photoshop and it works fine now. Have no idea what my issues were. To answer your question re M1, both work fine on my Mac Studio. :)

Back