Advice on projector for photo shows

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ivan Rothman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have a Canon Realis 1920x1200 projector which I use for my photo shows created with Fotomagico. It has just died and I need to find a replacement.
The projector needs to be lightweight (15 lbs or less), at least 3000 Lumens, have a reasonable throw ratio for the lens and resolution of at least 1920 x 1200, although a 4K projector would be better.
Auto keystone correction would be nice but not essential.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

I throw mine onto a very very large smart screen (Samsung) mirroring from my iPad.
just throwing this in as maybe an alternative.
agree. If the place you are presenting has a large TV, your images will be better quality. only challenge is most TVs are too bright so you will need to calibrate them before show

agree. If the place you are presenting has a large TV, your images will be better quality. only challenge is most TVs are too bright so you will need to calibrate them before show
Problem is I like using a very large screen which I bring when necessary and also some venues I present at don’t have a monitor screen
I also don’t know whether their setup will show the quality that I want
Next month I’m giving a show in a restaurant for a club having an end of year dinner
So I’m off to B&H tomorrow morning to try and pick out a projector

Problem is I like using a very large screen which I bring when necessary and also some venues I present at don’t have a monitor screen
I also don’t know whether their setup will show the quality that I want
Next month I’m giving a show in a restaurant for a club having an end of year dinner
So I’m off to B&H tomorrow morning to try and pick out a projector
Good luck

At my camera club we occasionally use our host club's big TV to save having to get our projector and screen out if we are doing something that is not important. The image quality is really awful. It is not a top end TV and I suspect most venues and clubs won't have good quality TVs. The big advantage of ueing a projector with tyour own computer over a host's TV is that it will be calibrated.

If the presentation is going to be for a lot of people no ordinary TV will be big enough either. Our camera club hosted an inter club competition at a venue and the projected images were around 20 feet wide.

Back