African Humming Bird Moth

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BertieB

Just like humming birds, tricky to shoot but managed get this with a dated 200mm f4 macro lens, a very sharp lens but slow on the focus, but our friends at Nikon seemingly recons it is not economically worth their effort to update this wonderful lens for the Z systems. Pity is it not! Maybe one of the Chinese will step in this void and fill it with a decent fast 200mm lens. Its an old photo think 2017 but damn I miss that 200mm f4 on the Z8/9

African Humming Bird Moth - Macroglossum trochilus - Katanga - DRC

Kin 0217-435.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Amazing image, Bertie!
Thank you Karen, appreciate!

One of the best images of this guy I have seen, Bertie 😍 ! Was that 200 mm the Medical Nikor? I lusted after it for years!
Thx Callie. It was taken with Nikon AF Micro-NIKKOR 200mm f/4.0D IF-ED. Still have the lens with the D500 or D850 to go with it. Really hope Nikon wakes up and give us a Z version!

Thank you Karen, appreciate!

Thx Callie. It was taken with Nikon AF Micro-NIKKOR 200mm f/4.0D IF-ED. Still have the lens with the D500 or D850 to go with it. Really hope Nikon wakes up and give us a Z version!
Bertie - You are one lucky guy, never let that lens go!

Back