African Safari - Nikon 24-120mm f/4 + Nikon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Update: I've had some time w/ the 400mm f/4.5 (did some birding last weekend) - and next I'm trying out the 70-200 f2.8 S lens. The 400 is an amazing lens - purchased that under the current sale. My plan is to try the 70-120 w/ my kid on a horse indoors (poor lighting) and outdoors (better lighting (hopefully) and some distance). If all goes well I'll buy that whilst the sale is still on...

Update: I've had some time w/ the 400mm f/4.5 (did some birding last weekend) - and next I'm trying out the 70-200 f2.8 S lens. The 400 is an amazing lens - purchased that under the current sale. My plan is to try the 70-120 w/ my kid on a horse indoors (poor lighting) and outdoors (better lighting (hopefully) and some distance). If all goes well I'll buy that whilst the sale is still on...
If money (and weight) are issues, you might consider the 70-180mm lens f/2.8 Nikon Z lens. It lacks the VR in the lens. Just a thought:

If money (and weight) are issues, you might consider the 70-180mm lens f/2.8 Nikon Z lens. It lacks the VR in the lens. Just a thought:
I don't think weight/size will be an issue - right now I'm investigating the 24-120 f/4 / 70-200mm f/2.8 / 400mm f/4.5 grouping a couple of people mentioned as being very good, given what I see others carry for gear this seems small... ;-)

Back