Alternative to WHCC

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JoelKlein

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hi,
Which lab could print adobe 1998 with same quality as WHCC?

I’m using WHCC for years, but having issues lately with their Roes app constantly losing connection while uploading.

They suggest I save my jpegs to smaller files sizes. Which is unacceptable.
I’m not sure what changed with their system that it is given us connectivity errors. With retrying after 60 seconds.
I was uploading high quality jpegs Z7/9/8 files for 2 years with no issue.

Perhaps it’s time to move on?

Thanks

I also use WHCC and have not had the same issues you are experiencing, but I believe that ROES gets updated form time to time, so you might want to check to see if that helps. I also use Bay Photo and find their work to be similar, but find WHCC's customer service to be better.

Good luck,

--Ken

I used to work at a lab that used ROES and when there was a Javascript update it would not work properly if the users Java was not updated. Not sure if that is your issue? Since the local lab I worked at closed, I am using Bay Photo (though I have only done a couple test prints so far, but they look good). You don't have to use ROES to order from Bay Photo.

I used to work at a lab that used ROES and when there was a Javascript update it would not work properly if the users Java was not updated. Not sure if that is your issue? Since the local lab I worked at closed, I am using Bay Photo (though I have only done a couple test prints so far, but they look good). You don't have to use ROES to order from Bay Photo.
I don’t have Java on that PC.
Bay has a minimum? Can they also drop ship?

Side note:
Another reason I’m in to try printing another option, WHCC could deliver prints which is creased at the corner.
It’s happening before shipping, because the envelope is still tight center in the box when I open it. They replace the prints, but we don’t have the time to take pictures of it, open a claim, and the hardest part is dealing with a unhappy customer who had expectations, and they have to wait again

Finerworks is another quality printer. +1 For the Bay Photo and also Digital Silver Imaging is fine quality.

Bay has a minimum? Can they also drop ship?

Another reason I’m in to try printing another option, WHCC could deliver prints which is creased at the corner...
Creased prints are completely unacceptable. And yes Bay Photo will drop ship. When you choose that option the return address on the package just says Photo Lab, in case you don't want your client seeing where the prints come from (and seeing what you paid for them).

Personally if you were otherwise happy with them I'd give them another shot. Some kid in the shipping dept. probably was sloppy and got a good talking to. Even so, errors happen in every organization, as long as they fix the problem when it does happen.

Personally if you were otherwise happy with them I'd give them another shot. Some kid in the shipping dept. probably was sloppy and got a good talking to. Even so, errors happen in every organization, as long as they fix the problem when it does happen.
They can’t fix our reputation when a customer has to wait for a replacement.

Let’s give Bay a try.
Always good to have another option.

Back