An attempt at taking some video of peregrine falcons

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have been amazed at some of the videos I have seen of peregrine falcons. So now that 2 of the 3 chicks at a nearby peregrine falcon nest have fledged, decided to take some video of them. Will be trying again in the next week but this is a few snippets from my current selection of videos of them. Taken with my Z8 and 800mm PF lens with the 1.4TC. All the flying video was done handheld (the chick flapping its wings was taken with the camera/lens on a tripod):

I have been amazed at some of the videos I have seen of peregrine falcons. So now that 2 of the 3 chicks at a nearby peregrine falcon nest have fledged, decided to take some video of them. Will be trying again in the next week but this is a few snippets from my current selection of videos of them. Taken with my Z8 and 800mm PF lens with the 1.4TC. All the flying video was done handheld (the chick flapping its wings was taken with the camera/lens on a tripod):

Nice video Ricardo! I have some perched Peregrine Falcon photo/videos but never any flying ones. Very beautiful falcon. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next week. Is that the ocean I'm hearing in the background?

Nice video Ricardo! I have some perched Peregrine Falcon photo/videos but never any flying ones. Very beautiful falcon. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next week. Is that the ocean I'm hearing in the background?
Thanks Dave! Yep this nest is on a cliff over the ocean so you can hear the waves crashing. Often the wind is very strong so using a microphone with the dead cat cover and luckily the wind wasn't that bad on this day.

Last edited:
Back