Another Eclipse (2006)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

pomkiwi

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Back in March 2006 I was involved in voluntary work in the Altai Republic in Russia in very south of Siberia. I'm not sure if any of us was awre until a few hours beforehand that a total eclipse was to occur that afternoon. After snow falling during the morning the sky cleared and I will never forget standing on the banks of a frozen river as the light faded and silence followed. As well as the eclipse itself the quality of the light just before and afterwards was like nothing I had ever experienced. All I had to record it was a 4mp Konica compact camera and I occasionally wonder what images I could have caught if I had the gear I have now!

PICT1240-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
PICT1232.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back in March 2006 I was involved in voluntary work in the Altai Republic in Russia in very south of Siberia. I'm not sure if any of us was awre until a few hours beforehand that a total eclipse was to occur that afternoon. After snow falling during the morning the sky cleared and I will never forget standing on the banks of a frozen river as the light faded and silence followed. As well as the eclipse itself the quality of the light just before and afterwards was like nothing I had ever experienced. All I had to record it was a 4mp Konica compact camera and I occasionally wonder what images I could have caught if I had the gear I have now!

View attachment 86325View attachment 86326
Awesome shot! Well done👍👍👍

Back