any news on the next 180-600 shipment

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

In my inbox this morning is an email from Service Photo in Baltimore, MD. They are a Nikon retailer I’ve done business with in the past.

Regarding 180-600 lens shipments there is this statement: “We've been told to expect small, but consistent weekly shipments of this new lens for the next few months.”

If true, there should be some acceleration of delivery of this popular lens. Good news!

Ordered from NikonUSA 6/20 (6/21 Nikon time), not NPS. Still 'processing'. For those that have received their lens, ENJOY! Now slinking back to mope in my envy.
I'm with you, though I'm still waiting on my store to get their first one. I'm not sure how nikon is prioritizing anything with these.

A quick update. This morning I was able to pick up my copy of the 180-600mm from the delivery address. (I ordered it from B&H in the very early morning of 6/21. This one was part of the 2nd batch B&H seems to have received)

First impression: It is very well constructed but it is big and heavy! I need a new bag!

As to the good news. Some quick test shots show that it blows my old Tamron 100-400mm out of the water in terms of image quality and VR. I am very happy to have received it and look forward to an opportunity to thoroughly test the lens out in the field before the birds leave. Another good thing is that I can't see much difference between wide open and stopped down a bit.

Last edited:
Just talked with an agent at B&H. According to their info, they initially received 25 lenses in late July. They expect 700 in the next shipment. There are 1835 orders. No idea on timing on shipments, but now we can all have some numbers to guess with instead of just guessing without the numbers, though of course it’s all still just guessing ;)

Very disappointed with BH photo! I have been a customer since 2012 and spent thousands of dollars with them.
I placed my order on June 21 at 08:26 AM (NY time). I am not NPS.
Since my card is NOT from the USA, I was charged the full amount + taxes and in turn my bank charges me 3.66% for being an international purchase. I have no objections to that.
At the end of June, I was told it would be shipped on August 1st, then 15th, then 31st. Finally I was told it would be shipped on September 28th.
Today I contact them and they tell me they DO NOT KNOW when they will ship it!!!! That it is going to be a few months before they can fulfill my order. I think what BH is doing very wrong is NOT informing at the time of pre-ordering that they are going to fulfill NPS customers first and then the rest. The ambition to capture the most orders has not let them think clearly.
So now I am without the money (I have to wait several weeks for it to be reinstated to my account), without the commission from my bank (which I am going to have to pay again) and obviously without the lens and I have to get in line with another distributor last.
Very angry with BH!!!

They know what they're told by nikon, which often isn't anything else. Everyone knows NPS is first, and it's not their fault.

Be annoyed with nikon for not shipping more lenses, not b&h.

They know what they're told by nikon, which often isn't anything else. Everyone knows NPS is first, and it's not their fault.

Be annoyed with nikon for not shipping more lenses, not b&h.
I disagree. There are many things that are known, or maybe not.... In a commercial transaction, they should always make it explicit. It is a contract.

Again, for the fifth time, BH pushed forward my order! On September 28th they had given me an ETA of October 10th and now, again, they tell me they can't deliver!
The person who determines the ETAs is not being very accurate. Or, they are continually interjecting orders and we regular customers are moving back in line. Very disappointed in BH!!!!

Back