Anyone know where I could buy a EH-7P Charging AC Adapter

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ken Miracle

Supporting Member
Marketplace
No I still do not have a Z9 but I bought a MH-33 battery charger from Nikon since I want to be able to charge two batteries at once and have a spare charger just in case. Turns out I did not do my homework since the only Z body in the family is my wife and it has a completely different battery, charger and cables than the rest of the Z's.

Having used the EN EL series of battery chargers and bought an extra from the days of my D4's (use the EN EL in the grips of D500 and D850) to the D6 the charger always came with a cord I plugged into the wall and charged away.

Well I did not read the fine print on Nikon and when the MH-3 charger arrived today I discovered it required an EH-7P Charging AC Adapter to work.

Nikon has no order options and just show it out of stock. I checked Adorama, B&H and many other normal on line resources and called the brick and mortar store I got the Z100-400 from and could not find any. I they showed them at all they were backordered.

Since this is used with most of the other Z's and even the D780 I did not expect it to be such a chore to find. Anyone know of a place I can get one?

No I still do not have a Z9 but I bought a MH-33 battery charger from Nikon since I want to be able to charge two batteries at once and have a spare charger just in case. Turns out I did not do my homework since the only Z body in the family is my wife and it has a completely different battery, charger and cables than the rest of the Z's.

Having used the EN EL series of battery chargers and bought an extra from the days of my D4's (use the EN EL in the grips of D500 and D850) to the D6 the charger always came with a cord I plugged into the wall and charged away.

Well I did not read the fine print on Nikon and when the MH-3 charger arrived today I discovered it required an EH-7P Charging AC Adapter to work.

Nikon has no order options and just show it out of stock. I checked Adorama, B&H and many other normal on line resources and called the brick and mortar store I got the Z100-400 from and could not find any. I they showed them at all they were backordered.

Since this is used with most of the other Z's and even the D780 I did not expect it to be such a chore to find. Anyone know of a place I can get one?

You don’t need the overpriced EH-7P adapter. Virtually any PD adapter and USB C cable will work. I have tried all of the 4-5 different adapters I have with about 6 different USB C cables and they all work. I have tested all these in preparation for an upcoming international trip—I wont even take the EH-7P.

BTW I’m sure you know you can charge a second battery directly in the camera while charging one in the MH-33.

You don’t need the overpriced EH-7P adapter. Virtually any PD adapter and USB C cable will work. I have tried all of the 4-5 different adapters I have with about 6 different USB C cables and they all work. I have tested all these in preparation for an upcoming international trip—I wont even take the EH-7P.

BTW I’m sure you know you can charge a second battery directly in the camera while charging one in the MH-33.
The problem being there will be only one cable with the Z9 so how could you do both at once?

I looked through all of my various chargers and none will fit. So where do I find a different PD adapter and USB C cable ... I do not even know what that is other than what I see on the photo for the EH-7P on Nikon page and others. I have lots of cables and devices with USB C with my apple stuff but not that have an adapter that looks like that or any other adapter.

Would one of these work?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M6D7LXM/?tag=backcogaller-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09573MWPF/?tag=backcogaller-20

The problem being there will be only one cable with the Z9 so how could you do both at once?

I looked through all of my various chargers and none will fit. So where do I find a different PD adapter and USB C cable ... I do not even know what that is other than what I see on the photo for the EH-7P on Nikon page and others. I have lots of cables and devices with USB C with my apple stuff but not that have an adapter that looks like that or any other adapter.

Virtually any adapter will work. I use a higher powered one like this for my MacBook Pro which works fine with the MH-33:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B33D76V/?tag=backcogaller-20

But there are lower powered cheaper ones that I am sure would work, such as:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R3S7P59/?tag=backcogaller-20

And as I Said just combine this with virtually any USB C - USB C cable. I have literally not tried any combination I have that doesn’t work.

Virtually any adapter will work. I use a higher powered one like this for my MacBook Pro which works fine with the MH-33:

And as I Said just combine this with virtually any USB C - USB C cable. I have literally not tried any combination I have that doesn’t work.
I would think both of those would work.
thank you ... I had not even thought about the charger for my macbook pro ... and then I will order one of the others :)

Okay so there must be something with the macbook pro charger that does not allow it to work with the Mh-33 charger must have something in that big white apple box that is different and so not a true USB adapter just a power cord with a surge protector and an USB C end :)

The manual for the MH-33 notes that you can use the EH-7P or "AC adapters that support USB Power Delivery." I believe Apple USB C chargers use PD. And Anker has both PD chargers and IQ3 chargers (which Anker notes include PD).

The manual for the MH-33 notes that you can use the EH-7P or "AC adapters that support USB Power Delivery." I believe Apple USB C chargers use PD. And Anker has both PD chargers and IQ3 chargers (which Anker notes include PD).
As noted above in exchange with Nextlife and RoyC I ordered Anker adapter and cable from Amazon supposed to be here to morrow. The USB C chargers for my macbook pro must not use PD they call it a 96W USB-C Power Adapter and it does not work with the MH-33 charger and EN EL 18d batterfy I got from Nikon. So either the charger power adapter for the macbook pro is not PD or the charger and or battery have an issue. Will see when the new anker adapter and cable get here.

As noted above in exchange with Nextlife and RoyC I ordered Anker adapter and cable from Amazon supposed to be here to morrow. The USB C chargers for my macbook pro must not use PD they call it a 96W USB-C Power Adapter and it does not work with the MH-33 charger and EN EL 18d batterfy I got from Nikon. So either the charger power adapter for the macbook pro is not PD or the charger and or battery have an issue. Will see when the new anker adapter and cable get here.
I was hoping my new MacBookPro charger would also work, at least if I swap out the cable, since the cable for the laptop has a magsafe end. I have not tried that yet.

I charged one of my EN EL18d batteries yesterday using an Anker USB-C PD charger and the MH-33 and it worked fine.

Just looked at the charger for my 2021 MacBookPro 16 inch model. It is 140 watts. It mentions USB PD on the brick and several different voltage and amp combinations for charging. Based on this, I'm cautiously optimistic that it may work for the MH-33, if I use a USB C power cable rather than the magsafe cable it came with. I have not tried it yet. And with a Nikon brick and an Anker brick, both of which do work, maybe not a huge issue for me. Might be nice to know it could be used if needed.

From what I read a few minutes ago, the new 140 watt Apple chargers use an updated PD standard -- PD 3.1 Extended Power Range (EPR). Apparently when they first came out in 2021, the only cables and ports that supported the higher power under the new standard were Apple's own updated magsafe cables and ports. Not sure if that has changed since then. It sounds like the 140 watt charger will use a regular UCB C power cable and port, but not at the fastest charging rates it is capable of.

Last edited:
Just looked at the charger for my 2021 MacBookPro 16 inch model. It is 140 watts. It mentions USB PD on the brick and several different voltage and amp combinations for charging. Based on this, I'm cautiously optimistic that it may work for the MH-33, if I use a USB C power cable rather than the magsafe cable it came with. I have not tried it yet. And with a Nikon brick and an Anker brick, both of which do work, maybe not a huge issue for me. Might be nice to know it could be used if needed.

From what I read a few minutes ago, the new 140 watt Apple chargers use an updated PD standard -- PD 3.1 Extended Power Range (EPR). Apparently when they first came out in 2021, the only cables and ports that supported the higher power under the new standard were Apple's own updated magsafe cables and ports. Not sure if that has changed since then. It sounds like the 140 watt charger will use a regular UCB C power cable and port, but not at the fastest charging rates it is capable of.
My macbook pro is an old timer 15" 2016 with usb c so the charger brick is not USB PD. My wifes Macbook Pro is even older but has the mag safe.
My primary comupter is a late 2019 27" 5k iMac. Will have to see if apple ever replaces the 27" iMac with a M1 chip version. I used to use a macbook pro and and external 27 " monitor but went back to iMac with macbook pro so I hope one is up and running if the other is not :)

Amazon just delivered Anker PowerPort Mini iii USB PD and Anker USB C to USB C cable. The charger is now charging the EN EL 18d battery. So now all is ready and waiting for a Z9 ... someday my camera will come and I will have a fully charged battery ready and waiting :) Thank you @Nextlife1 @RoyC and @BillW

Amazon just delivered Anker PowerPort Mini iii USB PD and Anker USB C to USB C cable. The charger is now charging the EN EL 18d battery. So now all is ready and waiting for a Z9 ... someday my camera will come and I will have a fully charged battery ready and waiting :) Thank you @Nextlife1 @RoyC and @BillW
Excellent. Hope your Z9 comes soon. You’re going to like it, I’m sure.

Back