Anyone still use film?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello everyone,

I've never used film. All I've ever known is digital photography. Does anyone here still use film? I have seen negatives / slides but never taken photographs using film. Does anyone still use film? even if its for authentic purposes?

Lisa

I never owned a film SLR. I went from film point and shoots to digital point and shoots to the Canon Digital Rebel DSLR.

He, he. Memories. My first Nikon was an FE2. I basically wore it out and then gave it to a friend after getting it refurbished. I then had an 8008s which I also wore out. At the time I was developing and printing my own color slides and prints in a Jobo processor. At the very end, I bought a used F100, which I did not use more than a couple of times. About 2003 I got a D300 and shortly after that I got rid of the Jobo and never looked back. I still have some film to digitize, but the D300 made images almost as good as the N(?)5000 35mm film scanner. In the last few years I got a D850 and now a Z8. Those two are incredible cameras, and there is no reason for me to shoot film. If I had medium or large format equipment, I might still shoot film. Kodak discontinued Ektar25, which was the only film that I really wanted to use for my wildflower photos, as it was slow enough that I could completely eliminate the background while lighting the subject with flash. I made a few totally awesome 11x14 prints from that film. Grain focusing was almost impossible.

I admit to being a dinosaur. I can still tell time from an analog clock.
I still have my RB67 and my ancient 4x5 large format cameras with film frozen away in the deep freezer, however I haven't shot film in the past 20 years now. Maybe some day when I retire.

Back