Append Text to File Name when Exporting from LR Classic

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'd like to append specific words to a photo's filename as it is exported from lightroom classic and save this as a user preset for exporting. I believe I have the creation of an export user preset accomplished, and I can see an option to change the file name, but not append to the original file name.

so for instance a file name could be _nx95080-NR-Edit-2 and I'd like to add to the front of that "Instagram" or some other identifying name that can readily identify the file.

How could I go about doing that in an automated fashion?

Somewhat of a two step process.
It's done under File Naming but you need a Filename Template Preset Saved.
MDH_4913 would have been my camera image number. I like to keep those for ease of finding the image again.
Then use your export preset and and use that under file naming.
MDH BCG Limit saves my images at a larger pixel dimension but limits the file to the 2MB forum standard.
So check rename too and then use the Custom Text Field.
1702556745946.png

1702556581002.png

Attachments

• 1702556714624.png
    1702556714624.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 24
Somewhat of a two step process.
It's done under File Naming but you need a Filename Template Preset Saved.
MDH_4913 would have been my camera image number. I like to keep those for ease of finding the image again.
Then use your export preset and and use that under file naming.
MDH BCG Limit saves my images at a larger pixel dimension but limits the file to the 2MB forum standard.
So check rename too and then use the Custom Text Field.
View attachment 76397

View attachment 76395
Thank you; that is very helpful. Would you mind sharing what good settings would be to export files to include in this forum? I got that you limit it to 2MB, but are there other settings you'd use?

I think you are better off loading full size images to a website and linking them. This is what I use to post here directly. Not sure why the height was set at that. I have a similar preset that doesn't limit size to 2MB for use where there is no limit.
1702639091310.png

Back