at 20 FPS Z 9 locks exposure

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
When shooting a burst in M with Auto ISO, my Z 9 keeps the exposure even if the subject moves from dark to light. Is there a setting that I need to adjust?

Is your viewfinder adjusted for "ease of viewing" if yes change it to "Show effects of settings" - custom option d9

also try to double check the iso of the pictures files if there is changes when you go from light to dark during the burst to be sure if it is just visual issue.

Just a crazy thought on my part, a/e lock is located directly below bbf. However would also lock focus
button below BBF, is the joystick which is set to reset (focus point to center of the screen). AFAIK the don;t have any button set to AE/L. Thanks for the suggesiton

Is your viewfinder adjusted for "ease of viewing" if yes change it to "Show effects of settings" - custom option d9

also try to double check the iso of the pictures files if there is changes when you go from light to dark during the burst to be sure if it is just visual issue.
saw this effect when editting images so not just a viewfinder issue (but I will check). I'll check ISO. ISO seems to lack behind the exposure. I know that there is a focus tracking "lag", could there be an exposure change lag?

Last edited:
Thanks Doug, I changed my setting to off also. Maybe I should get Thom's book also.
I use both Steve’s and Thom’s books quite a lot. Steve’s is a lot more applicable to wildlife photography and Thom’s is just an overall reference. I find they compliment each other rather well.

button below BBF, is the joystick which is set to reset (focus point to center of the screen). AFAIK the don;t have any button set to AE/L. Thanks for the suggesiton
Big Thank you! I have missed that (was easy to set on D cameras) and overlooked this in the menu. Awesome!

Back