Autumn Colours... a still life

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BorderBirder

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Edit-7004.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A neat image, and a unique perspective here. I like how the shadows cast by the fungi complement the dark line of the fallen tree in the background, and also how the crack in the bark where the branch comes off the main trunk seems to extend the line of the fallen tree. The same with the angle of the log on which the main log rests. That also lines up with all the other diagonal lines. There's a lot to like in this image. (y)

A neat image, and a unique perspective here. I like how the shadows cast by the fungi complement the dark line of the fallen tree in the background, and also how the crack in the bark where the branch comes off the main trunk seems to extend the line of the fallen tree. The same with the angle of the log on which the main log rests. That also lines up with all the other diagonal lines. There's a lot to like in this image. (y)
Hey Rassie! Thanks very much for the comments I did find it intriguing with the elements you mentioned. I also liked the range of colours. Disappointed by the poor resolution of the upload, though. May try other methods in the future.

Many thanks for your comments Elena. Here are two other options, @ElenaH. Let's call these 2 and 3!

What do you and others think? Number 3 is obviously the original No 1 re edited and the other is from the same outing. Thery are both at higher res too.

DSC_7002.jpg
Edit-7004-2-BCG Forums Export-2.jpg

yes, the last one is the best! it has a bit more space on the left and there is no that long grass on the left (removed?) and I can see more of the beautiful forest bokeh.

Generally the huge tree-log take almost the half of the frame and make is a bit heavy, it is a heavy piece of dark object and distracts a bit from beautiful fungi and shining forest.
I think the ideal shot (in my opinion) was to have the log only on 1/3 of the fame and let more "negative" space for shiny forest (or bokeh) but it must have been done by shooting.

The motiv is outstanding and I would love to find such! If you can to re-shoot or if you find somthing like that in the future then try to make different crops and compositions. The whole picture of more forest would be also interesting and more crop like macro, and quer format, and maybe 1:1 forma, too.
If you crop the second shot and make tree-structure more vissible will be also interesting, for example.

Back