Avocet with Good Ol' D500

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Woodyg3

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I can't really afford a Z8, but it doesn't bother me too much. My trusty D500s (I have 2 bodies) do a great job for me. Today, an Avocet was nearby and looked like he was going to continue to walk along the shore while dipping his beak for all the good stuff to eat Iin the water. Without warning he took off, and I raised my camera as fast as I could and fired off four or five shots. I thought there was absolutely no way the camera and lens had time to focus and so I assumed they would be throw-aways. Much to my surprise, the D500 coupled with the 500 f/5.6 PF can perform miracles at times, and I got this shot. :)

AvocetFlight-33.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I can't really afford a Z8, but it doesn't bother me too much. My trusty D500s (I have 2 bodies) do a great job for me. Today, an Avocet was nearby and looked like he was going to continue to walk along the shore while dipping his beak for all the good stuff to eat Iin the water. Without warning he took off, and I raised my camera as fast as I could and fired off four or five shots. I thought there was absolutely no way the camera and lens had time to focus and so I assumed they would be throw-aways. Much to my surprise, the D500 coupled with the 500 f/5.6 PF can perform miracles at times, and I got this shot. :)

View attachment 89721
Beautiful Woody👍👍👍. It’s a great camera.

Back